Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Contributor

Brocade VDX6720 Backup of License Keys

Hello,

I have a Brocade VDX6720 switch. I see int he user guides how to backup the config, I can do that just fine. What I can't find, is if the backup of the startup-config actually gets the license keys?

When I look at the file itself, I don't see any keys listed. Also, if it doesn't have the keys, then I have not found a command to actually backup the keys. Does anyone know the command to backup the license keys, or does the startup-config get those for you?

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Brocade VDX6720 Backup of License Keys

Moved your post to the ethernet fabric forum .

Frequent Contributor

Eric ,

I don't think there is a way to back up the license keys on a VDX switch , this information is not even saved in the start - up config file . Once a license key is entered on a VDX it gets tied to the serial number of the switch .

Is there a reason why you would want to see the license keys after that have been applied to the box ?

-Annie.

Contributor

Well, I was curious if you had a dead switch, and replaced it with an exact same model, could you apply the backup config to the new switch to get the license back. But as I think about it and look at your answer, then that would not work, since the keys are tied to the serial number.

That answers my question, thank you much.

Frequent Contributor

So if you do have a dead switch and end up RMA ing the box using the swportal on mybrocade.com you can transfer the license keys to the new serial number OR you can contact the support team and they can help you with such .

Cheers-

-Annie.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook