Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

New Contributor

Brocade 8470 and IBM Bladecenter H

Hi!

We have IBM bladecenter H with Brocade 8470. Both switches are working fine, they can see attached storage array etc but the problem is that even that both switches have management IP there's no way to manage them without usb-serial. Ethernet-management-port doesn't do anything. We tried to attach port to laptop with tcpdump running but there's no tcp-packages at all coming.

Any ideas how I could solve this out or is only way to change both switches to dedicated ethernet and san-switches instead of converged ones?

New Contributor

Re: Brocade 8470 and IBM Bladecenter H

When you do an ipaddrshow do you have a default gateway?  Inside of the IBM AMM what is the ipaddress listed for the 8470 module show?

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I managed to solve this out but didn't have time to inform here. Switch did have IP but the problem was that IMM need to have working gateway because without that management didn't work, so i just changed whole system to temporary ip space where we did have gateway.

New Contributor

Not a problem. glad you got it working.  

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook