Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

New Contributor

Brocade 8000 CEE Queue Count

I am trying to connect a Brocade 8000 FCoE switch to a HP Procurve 6120XG blade switch for FCoE.  The Procurve supports CEE, however I'm having issues with the CEE QoS queue configuration.  I can get the 8000 to communicate with the 6120 only if I configure both sides to use 8 QoS queues.  However, my CNAs won't communicate with the 6120 unless I configure the 6120 for 2 queues.  With the 6120 in 2 queue mode the two switched fail to negotiate CEE, with the 6120 reporting a mismatch in the number of "traffic classes."  This is despite having configured the cee map in the 8000 to only use 2 queues.  I am unable to configure the 6120's queue counts on a per-port basis.

Log snippets are attached, this forum will not let me paste.

I believe the 8000 is advertising itself as a 8 queue device, insted of 2 queues which it is configured for.  Is this setting tunable?  Is there a way to make the 8000 report itself as a 2-queue CEE device?  (On the 6120 the command is "qos queue-config 2-queues" but I can't seem to find a comparable command in the Brocade.)

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook