DevNet Discussions

Highlighted
Brocadian

Trouble connecting a vRouter to the BVC

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting the BSC to connect to a vRouter 5600 (3.5R5). The key error in the karaf log appears to be the following:

2015-10-02 15:22:38,821 | ERROR | ssing-executor-9 | NetconfDevice | 313 - org.opendaylight.controller.sal-netconf-connector - 1.2.0.Lithium | RemoteDevice{vRouter}: Initialization in sal failed, disconnecting from device
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.builder.impl.AugmentationSchemaBuilderImpl cannot be cast to org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.builder.api.SchemaNodeBuilder
at org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.impl.YangParserImpl.resolveUsesAugment(YangParserImpl.java:957)[70:org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang-parser-impl:0.7.0.Lithium]

(rest of the stack, see the rest here: http://pastebin.com/AQb6PpqP)

I've installed the latest 2.0 release on Ubuntu 14.04, and it appears the controller can initiate a netconf connection and get the list of capabilities, but it fails to complete the connection.

Which versions of the vRouter is the BSC known to work with? From the sample code in the pybvc repository, it certainly looks like it's possible to get this working :)

Please let me know if any further details are needed.

Mark

Brocadian

Re: Trouble connecting a vRouter to the BVC

Just to follow up, I managed to connect to a 3.2.1 vRouter successfully, it appears the issue is in connecting to a 3.5 vRouter. From the log, it looks like the connection starts well, but when the YANG from the vRouter is parsed the controller finds something it doesn't like and terminates the connection.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook