Certification

Brocadian
Accepted Solution

BCNE and BCNP Exams Retiring

The BCNE and BCNP exams are retiring on March 10, 2016. The last day to take the BCNE and BCNP exams is March 10, 2016. Register now at Pearson VUE. If you have questions please contact certification@brocade.com.

New Contributor

Re: BCNE and BCNP Exams Retiring

Hi,

Im a BCNE certified engineer and I wanted to have the BCNP certification. What its the certification path that I should take now?

Wich Course and exam should I take?

Thanks.

Francisco Gomez.

JDH
New Contributor

Why take an industry recognized Cert and retire it? This would be like Cisco dumping the CCNA Cert.  Why not just upgrade the material and change exam objectives as needed but leave the name the same so people recognize the Cert and what it means?

Just my 2 cents.

Contributor

I agree it is very disappointing how that was and is handled. The link for BCNE google has still in the search index leads to http://www.brocade.com/en/education/certification.html?trk=profile_certification_title where it is not even listed as retired anymore. I can't find any information about what a Brocade Certified Network Engineer is on brocade.com 

I regret now having taken the Exam on the last possible day and having spent the money for it. 

Hi Francisco, the BCNE and BCNP exams have been replaced by one exam called the Brocade Professional IP Administrator. This exam includes all of the requirements of the previous two exams, plus updated information. You can read more about the new exam and the required courses, practice exam, and study materials here: http://www.brocade.com/en/education/certification/brocade-professional-ip-administrator.html.

Sorry this was not clear in the initial post. Please let me know if you have any questions. The BCNE and BCNP credentials never expire, although the exams needed to be retired so that we could continue to provide relevant content moving forward.

Thanks a bunch,

Paul Z

Technical Course Developer, Multimedia
Brocade University Social Media Manager

Hi there, the BCNE and BCNP exams have been replaced by one exam called the Brocade Professional IP Administrator (BPIPA). This exam includes all of the requirements of the previous two exams, plus updated information. You can read more about the new exam and the required courses, practice exam, and study materials here: http://www.brocade.com/en/education/certification/brocade-professional-ip-administrator.html.

Sorry this was not clear in the initial post. Please let me know if you have any questions. The BCNE and BCNP credentials never expire, and still count toward the Brocade Distinguished Architect and the relevant certification tracks, although the exams needed to be retired so that we could continue to provide relevant content moving forward.

Thanks a bunch,

Paul Z

Highlighted

Hi JDH, the BCNE and BCNP exams have been replaced by one exam called the Brocade Professional IP Administrator. This exam includes all of the requirements of the previous two exams, plus updated information. You can read more about the new exam and the required courses, practice exam, and study materials here: http://www.brocade.com/en/education/certification/brocade-professional-ip-administrator.html.

Sorry this was not clear in the initial post. Please let me know if you have any questions. The BCNE and BCNP credentials never expire, although the exams needed to be retired so that we could continue to provide relevant content moving forward.

Thanks a bunch,

Paul Z

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.