Certification

GG
New Contributor

Any prerequisite for BCFA and BAFP?

Hi,

I'm not very clear about the Brocade certification path.

Can I skip the "introductory" BADCS and BASCS and jump straight to BCFA and BAFP?

Secondly, does BAFP require BCFA and/or vice-versa?

Thanks,

Garry

Valued Contributor

Re: Any prerequisite for BCFA and BAFP?

Can I skip the "introductory" BADCS and BASCS and jump straight to BCFA and BAFP?

Yes you can, both BADCS and BASCS are not required to take BCFA and BCFP (I think that's what you meant with BAFP)

Secondly, does BAFP require BCFA and/or vice-versa?

No BCFP does not require BCFA or v.v.

For now Brocade doesn't require you to do exams in a particular order.

You can do whatever you like that fits your (intended) skillset.

Each listed exam in the dropdown box on Certification and Accreditation Programs will take you to the respective exam page. On that page is a prerequisites tab suggesting what to do or have first before attempting the chosen exam.

Looking at http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/certification_study_tools/certification_central.pdf you'll see Brocade offers 4 tracks.

You must complete all listed exams (+ mentioned electives) in a track to obtains that certificate with 3 tracks giving you the BDA title.

Each track is split in 3 levels.

Most accredited exams are on the introduction level.

Judging you're question I concluded you're interested (or best fit) in the Data Center Track

BCFA BCFP are on the intermediate level of the Data Center Track

With BCFD and two electives completing the advanced level of the Data center track

GG
New Contributor

Hi Dion,

Let's say I'm not going for the entire BDA. I'm just interested in the "standalone" Brocade Certified Fabric Designer at the Advance level. So, I can also skip BCFP, and BCFA and BANAS and straight to BCFD?

So, each individual certification is independent, and if you take lots of them, that can collectively earn you the BDA.

Thanks for your explanation.

Garry

Valued Contributor

Let's say I'm not going for the entire BDA. I'm just interested in the "standalone" Brocade Certified Fabric Designer at the Advance level. So, I can also skip BCFP, and BCFA and BANAS and straight to BCFD?

Yes, you can do BCFD directly. according to Brocade Certified Fabric Designer (BCFD) it's only suggested to do CFA 200 Brocade Certified Fabric Administrator (BCFA) 16 Gbps Training.

The cut scores for each exam are available >> Certification Exam Information

If you got some (years of) hands on experience you could forgo that CFA200 suggestion.

CFD 101-WBT BCFD Knowledge Assessment is free of charge and tests your own knowledge and gives (together with the BCFD nutshell)  an indication on the subjects.

So, each individual certification is independent, and if you take lots of them, that can collectively earn you the BDA.

Yes that's correct, with 3 out of 4 tracks completed you earn the BDA title

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook