Brocade University

New Contributor

Cisco-to-Brocade migration question

We're planning a Cisco-to-Brocade migration at one of our customers.

I did find the 'Brocade University' document on that topic, but I did get stuck halfway through the migration procedure.

Since it's the description in a particular paragraph of the document that's not clear to me, It seemed logical that I added my document-specific questions directly as a reply on the document page http://community.brocade.com/t5/Brocade-University/Migrating-from-Cisco-SANs-to-Brocade/ta-p/3219 . The answer there could then have helped any other user that needs to use that same document.

However, the only 'help' I received till now is that I should not have posted my question there. Apparently I should have created a new question.

So here I go:

As described in the document, I did run SAN Health for the Cisco switches and submitted the resulting data to receive the SAN Health report. So far so good.
However, I now only have the SAN Health report and no zoning script yet (or at least I didn't find it)
The document says: "Submit the Brocade SAN Health auditing data to the Brocade SAN Health team to generate a zoning script for the Brocade DCX platform."
This is where I'm stuck.
- what 'SAN Health auditing data' are we exactly talking about ? The original SAN Health data or the generated report ?
- where can I find this 'SAN Health team'  ? mail address ? web link ? so I can submit them the necessary input.
Again, many thanks for helping out.

Erik, Belgium.

External Moderator

Re: Cisco-to-Brocade migration question

SAN-Health Report, consist for a Report you entire SAN Fabric.

The SAN-Health report you get back, don't include any script or any other utility to do a Migration from Cisco to Brocade.

The report consit of Visio and Excel Sheet, with all SAN and Connectivity Details

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks for confirming that the SAN health report doesn't contain the zoning scripting ... I did notice that myself. That's in fact the reason why I am posting this question.

The document says: "Submit the Brocade SAN Health auditing data to the Brocade SAN Health team to generate a zoning script for the Brocade DCX platform."

So I now want to know in more detail:

WHERE do I post WHAT information to receive the zoning scripts as promised by the document ?

To me, the description in the document is not clear on that matter.

Erik.

External Moderator

-->>Submit the Brocade SAN Health auditing data to the Brocade SAN Health team to generate a zoning script for the Brocade DCX platform

you must first run the SAN-Health, and then submit the report to SH team at shadmin@Brocade.COM

TechHelp24

Just to clarify the process:

1. Run SAN Health as normal and send in the .BSH file (which you could call the SAN Health auditing data as Erik says).

2. After you get the completed report back, then email in to the SAN Health Admin team at SHAdmin@brocade.com and tell them the name of the file and that you want a zone migration text created for it. (You don't need to send in anything but the name of the file at this point.)

3. The file will be generated using the back end server data.

BUT, this process requires a Brocade employee to be involved to assist with guidance for building the new zones on the new fabric. Please ask a Brocade SE or other technical person at Brocade to request the zone migration text files for you, as they cannot be sent back directly to customers.

Regards,

HealthAdmin

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.