Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

secondary IP for virtual server

Hi community,

I guess the answer will be no. but is there by any chance an option to bind secondary IP address to a virtual server?

Our ISP is changing address ranges and assigned us new block. For one month both old and new ranges are routable in parallel so for me the easiest way to migrate all services would be to run them first in parallel on both address ranges, then reconfigure all external references one by one and then remove the old range.

If I could just add secondary IP to every virtual server and it would behave same for both IPs that would solve my problem. The only other solution I can think of is is to create aliases for all ports currently used on real servers and then clone the virtual servers with the new IPs pointing them to the aliased ports on real servers. However that would be mess given the number of real servers and ports we use :-(.

We use ServerIron 10.2.00...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve.

Community Manager

Re: secondary IP for virtual server

Hi Steve,

I noticed you didn't get anything back on this one.  Unfortunately, and it looks like you already know this, I cannot find any way to add another IP address to a virtual server.  If anybody else has another clever work-around, that would be appreciated.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.