Application Delivery (ADX)

Occasional Contributor

port HTTP URL "??" ascii string length > 255 chars (nFuse health check)

Hi

I have a URL check I need to do where the length of the strig is grater than 255 chars when I include all the needed HTT{ headers and methods.

Is there a way to have a GET or HEAD a request longer than 255 chars ?

When I try the input gets truncated at 255 chars.

Perhaps a way of spanning multiple lines? or putting what needs to be sent into a file and have the ADX read a file...script?

Ideally this is what I'd like to send:

port HTTP URL "GET /scripts/wpnbr.dll HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: 100.100.100.100\r\nAccept: */*\r\nContent-type: text/xml\r\nContent-Length: 169\r\n\r\n<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><!DOCTYPE NFuseProtocol SYSTEM 'NFuse.dtd'><NFuseProtocol version='5.1'><RequestCapabilities></RequestCapabilities></NFuseProtocol>"

I can use a content-match rule to look for a capability and mark the real server as good/healthy

Brocade Moderator

Re: port HTTP URL "??" ascii string length > 255 chars (nFuse health check)

Hi,

I have looked for alternatives for this but I have not been able to find any method of overcoming the 255 char. limit for heath check URL

Perhaps you could write another web page which somehoe is linked to the actual URL you are wanting to check?

Regards

Mick 

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

Re: port HTTP URL "??" ascii string length > 255 chars (nFuse health check)

Thanks Mick

We ended up leaving it as L4 check against port 80

Appreciate your efforts

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook