Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

meaningful

hey guys ,

what could be the issue behind the wsm module's restarting. when i do sh ver is see the system has been up for 5 days something ... and doing sh flash shows me the wsm module restarted , whenever this happens , i loose connectivity to webservers & this has happened twice in last 10 days.When this happens my sys slb doesnt not take over as the sync link is still up but wsm is rebooting and at times the load causes my standby to restart wsm modules or just freak out. any suggestions on what to check for this trouble.

Thanks

Contributor

Re: meaningful

Seems like i have a major issue with one of my foundry, as in my previous question i described the wsm reboot , now i have to keep one of my foundry down cuz as soon as i bring it up , its wsm module reboots and it takes my other backup foundry down too. I am a cisco guy and this load balancing is very new to me and any help will be appreciated.The console of my foundry that is tripping shows an error that says :-

(15020)(1)WSM crash
WARN: wsm App CPU 1 at slot 1 crashed(0)

Does it means that my foundry's wsm card needs to be replaced ?

please any information will be good

Thanks

Manish

Super Contributor

There are several reasons for crashes. One is hardware but another one is software and it is as well possible that this is caused by configuration bugs (incorrect configs like incorrect redundancy setups). My suggestion would be to raise a ticket with Brocade TAC because it is only TAC and engineering being able to decode crash dumps. You could post your configs here and someone might comment from a config point of view BUT I would strongly recommend to raise a ticket for this.

Contributor

Thank you sir , I have opened a ticket with brocade and they are reviewing the crash dumps  and i am hoping for a good reply from them.

Thank you for your suggestion

manish

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook