Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

Why do I have to specify the pbslb list size and why do I have to reboot in case I change it?

Why do I have to specify the pbslb list size and why do I have to reboot in case I change it?

Super Contributor

Re: Why do I have to specify the pbslb list size and why do I have to reboot in case I change it?

This is not a simple one. There are not a lot of things using dynamic memory talking about the ServerIron. Most of the feature do rely on memory which is getting allocated initially. A very common reason for problems is dynamic memory allocation. Systems assigning memory statically to different features are normally much more stable.

The memory used for PBSLB is getting allocated during the boot process. The system is going to allocate as much memory as needed for the amount of entries you have specified. That implies as well that their is for sure enough memory to store the amount of entries you would like to use. It is not possible that another tasks is allocating to much memory reducing the amount of memory available for PBSLB.

Very nice, very stable... and I like it.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook