Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

Where is the sym-priority of 10 coming from?

I am using SSLB here and I do have a few virtual servers. They are active at one of the SIs and backup at the other one - I am using sym-priorities for this, Today I have discovered that the sym-priority of the backup unit went down to 10 even if I have configured 99 at the backup ServerIron - where does 10 come from?

Super Contributor

Re: Where is the sym-priority of 10 coming from?

I guess you have used config synchronisation - is that the case? If so have a look at the last page of the Brocade ServerIron ADX ServerIron Load Balancing Guide and you will find the following:

Configuring Synchronization with HA

When the config-sync command line utility is used to synchronize SLB configuration from the primary unit to the peer unit. In symmetric SLB or sym-active HA modes, sym-priority for a virtual server is synced to the peer unit with a value of 10. To avoid conflict between two peer units, configure sym-priority with a value greater than 10 on the primary unit. The config-sync command is explained in the "Synchronizing the Active and Standby Modules" section of the "ServerIron System Management" chapter in the ServerIron TrafficWorks Administration Guide

I hope this helps.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook