Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

What are the STP settings I have to use using hot-standby as high-availibilty (HA) mechanism?

What are the STP settings I have to use using hot-standby as high-availibilty (HA) mechanism?

I want to configure a pair of ServerIrons to do hot-standby and I would like to know whether there is anything special for STP I have to think of.

Super Contributor

Re: What are the STP settings I have to use using hot-standby as high-availibilty (HA) mechanism?

There is nothing you have to worry about talking about the ServerIron/ADX. You have to turn STP off at the ServerIron/ADX in case you are going for Hot-Standby.

Hot-Standby is pretty simple from a network integration point of view. The backup ServerIron is NOT forwarding any traffic - it is putting all ports into some kind of downed mode. The links itself are active but they do not forward any traffic. The Interswitch link itself is as well not forwarding any real traffic. The interswitch link is used for the communication in between the two ServerIrons only.

I hope this helps.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook