Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

Real server hitting max conn 10 all the time

I found the following post talking about real servers hitting their maximum connection setting during the slowstart period:

I do have the same problem from what  it looks like because I am seeing the same log message even if I do not have any max conn setting configured. The real problem is that the real servers do not seem to recover correctly - they are hitting the max conn value of 10 all the time - they do not get above 10 connections. Am I doing anything wrong? Do I have to configure my own slowstart settings to solve this?

Contributor

Re: Real server hitting max conn 10 all the time

It is a pretty simple configuration - doing L4 load balancing only for HTTP and SSL traffic - we are using HTTP and SSL health checks.

I doubt this is important but I thought I should mention it.

Super Contributor

Sounds like the real server port is not leaving the slow-start mode - I do remember a bug fix in that area. What is the release you are using right now?

Out of the release notes:

Module: WSM6, WSM7, SI-4G and SI-4G-SSL

Symptom: A ServerIron may cause a real server port getting stuck in slow-start mode in certain cases when the real server port's state is changing from the SUSPECT state to the ACTIVE state. One of the cases where a real server port changes from the SUSPECT state to the ACTIVE state is where the master port is in a track group.

The fix is part of 9.5.02r, 10.2.01h and 11.0.00b

Contributor

Hmmm... this would fit to the problem I am seeing - let me try to do an upgrade tomorrow. I am using 10.2.01d - will let you know about the result.

Contributor

I have done an upgrade to the latest 10.2.01 release - it is running without a problem now. Thanks for your help.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook