Application Delivery (ADX)

Occasional Contributor

Output source-ip-log

Hi all,

I'm using a ServerIron ADX 1008. Within my setup I use server source-ips and just went out of useable ports. Now I activated the option "source-ip-log" to be aware of this error in future. Does anybody know, how the error will be reported in the log?

Does anyone knows a practicable check, for example with snmp to get the number of used ports, so that I will bea ble to monitor the amount of port-usage. Or maybe the amount of concurrent connections.

mo

Thanks in advance

Markus

Brocadian

Re: Output source-ip-log

Hi Markus,

I do not know how to get the info but if you are getting out of usable ports you can setup additional source-ips t osolve the limited range.

Alex

Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

thank you for your reply. I already added an additional source-ip.

During the period, where not enough source-ips were installed, I monitored the behaviour, that the barrel-processor just reached a certain load. It looked like the maximum capacity was reached and it looked like throttled web application.

For the future it would be nice to know, how the log entry for "source-ip-log" looks like, to be able to set up a watchdog.

Occasional Contributor

A sample output should look like:

Jun 25 19:12:57:W:SNAT: No Norm Ports avail for IP 10.1.15.103
Jun 25 19:12:56:W:SNAT: No Norm Ports avail for IP 10.1.15.103

10.1.15.103 is the source ip used for slb traffic.

Occasional Contributor

Yes! That's what I have been looking for. Thank you!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook