Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

Is it possible to use the same real server (web server) behind different direct server return enabled services?

I do have some web servers (5). All of them do have apache listening at port 80. I would like to use this set of real servers behind multiple virtual server ports like:

virtual server IP 1.1.1.1

service 80 to real servers 1 to 5 port 80

service 8080 to real servers 1 to 5 port 80

service 8088 to real servers 1 to 5 port 80

Is this possible at together with DSR (for performance reasons)?

Super Contributor

Re: Is it possible to use the same real server (web server) behind different direct server return enabled services?

This is not possible. You want to use the same web server daemon listenting at port 80 of the real server behind multiple virtual server service ports and you would like to use DSR for all of these services.

You need to change the destination port of the traffic from 8080 to 80 and from 8088 to 80 as well talking about incoming traffic to the ports 8080 and 8088. This is necessary to feed your real server listening at port 80 only.

Changing the destination port implies that you need to change the port on the way back as well. DSR is going to bypass the ServerIron on the way back and therefore there is no device changing the ports back as required -> this does not work.

It is of course possible to start web server daemons at the ports 80, 8080 and 8088 and do DSR. No port change is required now and it is working without a problem.

Contributor

Re: Is it possible to use the same real server (web server) behind different direct server return enabled services?

Great! Thx... I guess I am going to start multiple daemons at the real servers as suggested in your answer.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook