Application Delivery (ADX)

Occasional Contributor

IPv6 on BigIron

Dears ,

I'm tring to add IPv6 address on my BigIron RX Router VLAN interface .

I can add the IPv6 address. But I can't add the EUI address  like "ipv6 address 2A01:47:206::/64 eui-64 " . My requirement is to configure IPv6 address on my VLAN interface and all my hosts in the same network should get the IPv6 address automatically

Regards

Haris

Super Contributor

Re: IPv6 on BigIron

Configuring a Link-Local IPv6 Address

To explicitly enable IPv6 on a router interface without configuring a global or site-local address for the interface,

enter commands such as the following:

BigIron RX(config)# ipv6 unicast-routing

BigIron RX(config)# interface ethernet 3/1

BigIron RX(config-if-e100-3/1)# ipv6 enable

These commands enable IPv6 on Ethernet interface 3/1 and specify that the interface is assigned an

automatically computed link-local address

NOTE

When configuring VLANs that share a common tagged interface with a Virtual Ethernet (VE) interface,

Foundry recommends that you override the automatically computed link-local address with a manually configured

unique address for the interface. If the interface uses the automatically computed address, which in the case of VE

interfaces is derived from a global MAC address, all VE interfaces will have the same MAC address.

To override a link-local address that is automatically computed for an interface with a manually configured

address, enter commands such as the following:

BigIron RX(config)# interface ethernet 3/1

BigIron RX(config-if-e100-3/1)# ipv6 address FE80::240:D0FF:FE48:4672 link-local

These commands explicitly configure the link-local address FE80::240:D0FF:FE48:4672 for Ethernet interface

3/1.

Syntax:

ipv6 address <ipv6-address> link-local

You must specify the <ipv6-address> parameter in hexadecimal using 16-bit values between colons as

documented in RFC 2373.

The

link-local

keyword indicates that the router interface should use the manually configured link-local address

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook