05-31-2009 08:49 AM
This is pretty simple - it is even mentioned in the documentation - that is where I got this stuff from:
By default, the CLI does not require passwords. However, if someone has configured a password for the ServerIron ADX but the password has been lost, you can regain super-user access to the ServerIron ADX using the following procedure.
NOTE: Recovery from a lost password required direct access to the serial port and a system reset.
To recover from a lost password:
1. Start a CLI session over the serial interface to the ServerIron ADX.
2. Reboot the ServerIron ADX.
3. While the system is booting, before the initial system prompt appears, enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.
4. Enter no password at the prompt. (You cannot abbreviate this command.)
5. Enter boot system flash primary at the prompt. This command causes the device to bypass the system password check.
6. After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.