Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

How do I gain stickiness across multiple ports?

Is it possible to get stickiness across multiple ports?

I do have 6 real servers behind and they are used for two services: HTTP, HTTPS. The same set of real servers is used and a client needs to hit the initial selected server for both services. I have tried to enable stickiness for port 80 and 443 but this seems to be stickiness on a per service base and not across multiple ports.

I need to be able to send the client to the same real server for port 80 and port 443.

Do I have to move to cookie switching (layer 7 stuff)?

Super Contributor

Re: How do I gain stickiness across multiple ports?

CSW (doing cookie switching) is of course an option but you do not have to use it. It is possible to get the required functionality without Layer 7 switching. Have a look at the "track-group" option:

Is this what you are looking for?

Out of the documentation:

• TCP/UDP application groups (using the track port function) – A “primary” TCP/UDP port is grouped with up
    to four additional TCP/UDP ports. After the ServerIron sends a client request for the primary port to a real
    server, subsequent requests from the client for ports grouped with the primary port go to the same real
    server.
  • TCP/UDP application groups (using the track group function) – Up to eight TCP/UDP ports are grouped
    together. After the ServerIron sends a client request for any of the grouped ports to a real server, subsequent
    requests from the client for ports in the group go to the same real server.
  • Sticky connections – When you add a TCP/UDP port to a virtual server, if you specify that the port is “sticky”,
    a client request for that port always goes to the same real server unless the sticky age timer has expired. The
    sticky age timer ages out inactive sticky server connections. Possible values are from 2 – 60 minutes. The
    default is 5 minutes.
  • Concurrent connections – The real server can open additional ("concurrent") TCP/UDP sessions with the
    client using arbitrary TCP/UDP port numbers.

-> track group function is what you are looking for from my point of view.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook