Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

How do I configure the ServerIron/ADX to accept tagged and untagged traffic coming in via the same ethernet port?

How do I configure the ServerIron/ADX to accept tagged and untagged traffic coming in via the same ethernet port? Is this possible? I do remember that this was not possible with the old ServerIron XL but that was years ago.

Super Contributor

Re: How do I configure the ServerIron/ADX to accept tagged and untagged traffic coming in via the same ethernet port?

You do have to use the "dual-mode" for the ethernet connection you are talking about. Configure a so called default VLAN using "default-vlan-id" setting globally or specify the default-vlan for the port behind the dual-mode setting.

default-vlan-id <vlan-id>

int ethernet <port>

dual-mode

or

int ethernet <port>

dual-mode <vlan-id>

If you have VLAN x as default vlan then ServerIron/ADX would not tag vlan x traffic, but tag all other vlan traffic.

Contributor

Re: How do I configure the ServerIron/ADX to accept tagged and untagged traffic coming in via the same ethernet port?

THX!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook