Application Delivery (ADX)

N/A

Balancing on another criteria than client IP

Hi,

here is my simplified flow architecture :

Client => Brocade#1 (ServerIron 4G SSL) => Loadbalancing on multiple JVM offering service #1 (different port but same IP) => Brocade#1 (same as first one) => Loadbalancing on multiple JVM offering service #2 (different port but same IP)

Constraint : in one open session, the client must be linked to the same service#2 JVM, so we've activated stickyness.

The loadbalancing between Brocade and JVM Service#1 is OK, because it's based on client IP (round robin).

The loadbalancing between Brocade and JVM Service#2 is KO : the IP source is always the same (the JVM server one !) so only one JVM is contacted for service#2 for all clients !!

Is there a way to propagate the IP real client source all the way ? ... or another mechanism to load balance between all service#2 JVM ?

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Balancing on another criteria than client IP

Hi ,

Please post your question in the Application Delivery Forum.

http://community.brocade.com/community/discuss/adi

Thanks

Michael.

Community Manager

Re: Balancing on another criteria than client IP

Hi Benoit,

Sorry about the delay here but I did some research on your behalf.  Below is what I got back.

It looks like they are load balancing web servers and I’m assuming there are multiple client PCs behind the web-proxy that acts as a client to access JVM service #2.

You have to identify a unique string in a HTTP request so that ADX can use the information instead of the client IP for persistency. Using Layer 7 information will allow you to use both servers even though there’s a single source IP for clients. Usually, such information can be a jsession ID or a cookie inserted by a server. This feature is called “passive cookie” on ADX. Please, refer to the ADX SLB guide for details. The link to the latest version is http://www.brocade.com/forms/getFile?p=documents/product_manuals/B_ServerIron/ServerIron_12501_SLBguide.pdf in case you need it.

I hope this helps.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook