Application Delivery (ADX)

Occasional Contributor

ADX fan configuration problem

Hi,

I have started facing a issue with my ADX 1016 switch recently with it displaying the following error,

"INFO: BP1&2 temperatures (83.0 C) is above threshold (80 C), need to increase fan speed"

I tried  changing the fan speed using the command, ADX#fan-speed 0 med, and though  the command did not return any error the fan speed remained unchanged  and i am still getting the error. I have attached  a capture of "sh chassis" before and after the fan-speed command was  given. Kindly assist me in resolving this issue.
Also, i would like to know whether this is due to the fact that i am using a single power supply?
Super Contributor

Re: ADX fan configuration problem

Hi

How long did you wait until to did a 'show chassis' after setting the fan speed?   The default poll time to read the temp is 1 min. (you can change this).

Please recheck.

Also if this still does not work (but it should) instead, try setting a fan to med by changing the number 0 to a fan number.

Thanks

Michael.

Super Contributor

Extra information

Changing the number of seconds between polls

You can change the number of seconds between polls of the power supply and fan status, by entering a command such as the following.

ServerIronADX(config)# chassis poll-time 30

Syntax: chassis poll-time <num>

The default is 60 seconds.

Use the show chassis command to display the hardware status.

Occasional Contributor

Hi mschipp,

Thanks for the quick reply, but even now the fan speed is showing as low. I tried changing the fan speed indivdually (with the same result) before i posted the question.

Super Contributor

Ok you are doing the right commands.  if the temp is still high then I suggest you log a TAC ticket for it.

While that happens check what version you are running using 'show ver' then check to see if there is newer firmware - then check the new firmware release notes to see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

I have the latest firmware (12303) already installed and thought i would try here before i raised the TAC. But thanks for all your support, will update this thread once i figure out what the problem is.

Super Contributor

Hi syedsafi.a1,

Sorry I could not help more.  Yes please post the results from the TAC so we can all learn.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I got the following response from TAC regarding this issue,

This is the known issue and there is a DEFECT addressing  it - 000378629.

Currently, there is no fix for this issue but only  a workaround:

Workaround:

These command works in 12.2.01 codes. So please downgrade  to 12.2.01 to configure the fan-speed value and then reload the ServerIron ADX  with 12.3.01 or 12.3.03 code as required.

So guess we need to wait for the next firmware release to resolve this issue. Thanks TAC & mschipp for your support.

Saf

Contributor

Hi,

I opened this SR in November. We alrealdy have fix for this defect 378629 in 12.3.01d patch release.

Thanks.

//Kono

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook