Application Delivery (ADX)

New Contributor

ADX 1216 management port issue

I have configured the management port on my ADX 1216 for out of band management use.  I notice that after some time of inactivity, the port becomes non-responsive.  That means I can't ping it or telnet/ssh to it.  I can get it to "come back alive" if I either "shut/no shut" from the attached switch OR "enable/disable" the management port from the console ports on the ADX.  This is not acceptable since automation tools will be needing access to this device on a regular basis.

Any ideas here?

System Version 12.3.01T403

The only configuration I have under "interface management 1" is my IP address.  All routes needed to access this device go to the next hop for my management network.

Contributor

Re: ADX 1216 management port issue

I saw simillar issue.

I contacted Brocade TAC and get the box RMAed. I did not see the same issue since I replaced the box.

> All routes needed to access this device go to the next hop for my management network.

I did not understand this part, by the way. If you need, please elaborate more details.

Thanks.

//Kono

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook