vADC Forum

jda
Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

"Remote Desktop Gateway" HTTP/UDP via SteelApp

Hi,

I’m trying to configure a “Remote Desktop Gateway” on windows 2012 R2 behind a SteelApp. I didn’t found any documentation on splash. I found extensive documentation for F5: https://www.f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/f5-microsoft-remote-desktop-services-dg.pdf But despite all my effort it doesn’t work, only RPC-HTTP is working. Anyone already tried this configuration?

Brocadian

Re: "Remote Desktop Gateway" HTTP/UDP via SteelApp

Jorge,

This works just fine on STM - the setup is exactly the same (with exception of the F5 APM configuration) and there is a Traffic Script to do the "x224" header parsing available here: Load Balancing MS RDP with a Session Broker

Note: the Terminal Services setup is covered in the MS documentation that the Traffic Script refers to here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772418.aspx

Let us know how you go...

Contributor

Hi Aidan et al,

We have a similar quest.

We have done the following.

3 x RDS (ts01.domain.local, ts02.domain.local, ts03.domain.local)

1 x MS Gateway / Session Broker (tslb.domain.local)

1 x VIP on SteelApp with DNS ts.domain.public

1 x VS on SteelApp - tcp/3389 Generic client First (with TrafficScript from above - added the persistence class)

1 x Pool on SteelpApp - persistence class 'ts.domain.local' (ts01.domain.local:3389, ts02.domain.local:3389, ...)

When RDP'ing to ts.domain.public it all works great. So the basics should be covered.

However, we do not reconnect to existing sessions in the pool.

What could I be missing? How should I troubleshoot further?

Best regards

Bjarke Emborg Kragelund

Brocadian

Did you do the step to set up the Local group as outlined here: TS Session Broker Load Balancing Step-by-Step Guide ?

Contributor

Hope so.

But not sure. We have had a consultant to set this up for us, as the RDS 2008 vs. RDS 2012 R2, was just too much of a difference for us. Initlially.

I have tried to convert the 2008 naming convention to the 2012 R2 ditto.That can well be the reason for it not working :-P

The local group in RDS 2008 is called 'Session Directory Computers'. In 2012 R2 it is done strictly via AD GPO / Local GPO... or am I mistaken?

The page you link to is for Windows Sever 2008.

Thx!

Bjarke Emborg Kragelund

Brocadian

Can you drop some debug logging into the the traffic script so you can see what it is doing? Are you actually getting an x224 token when there is a session that already exists for a user?

Contributor

Hi Aiden,

I am afraid I am not skilled enough for that. Could you throw me a bone more?

Best regards

Bjarke Emborg Kragelund

Contributor

Hello,

It seems that the RDS 2012 R2 needs to have the farm name specified in its .rdp-file.

"RD Connection Broker failed to process the connection request for user [Domain]\[Logon].

Farm name specified in user's RDP file (hints) could not be found.

Error: The farm specified for the connection is not present."

If I have understood correctly.

So users - not using a .rdp-file created by us, with ther farm name - will not be able to hit their current sessions?

For instance when they connect from a public PC etc.

Am I on the right track or?

Best Regards

Bjarke Emborg Kragelund

Contributor

Here's my problem : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/593f6b83-29af-4735-b05d-a6166a9c9c0f/2012-rd-connection-broker-member-connections-missing-farm-name?forum=winserverTS

After adding the farm name in the .rdp-file

LoadBalanceInfo:s:tsv://vmresource.1.ts.domain.public

I have been able to reconnect to the samme session 10 times in a row from different IP's, and that is good enough for me :-)

Thanks

Bjarke Emborg Kragelund

Brocadian

Bjarke,

Glad to see you found the solution to your problem...

A.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.