vADC Forum

Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎11-05-2013
Accepted Solution

Request For Assistance.....

Hey All,

I am need of assistance regarding the configuration of stingray…..I have downloaded, installed and configured this  appliance (developer mode) with two exchange 2013 servers. I for the most part have everything configured, but appear to be running into two issues, one with failover….or what I imagine should be, the other with what appears to be authentication.

I have the appliance configured with both nodes configured in active mode, when testing the configuration by taking and shutting the primary down….I am unable to get to the secondary (via http….I have not tested smtp)….also, when both nodes are online, and I go to the address….I hit the owa logon page, but after entering my credentials I am prompted again…which leads me to believe that its hitting both servers (one after the other) if I put the secondary node in draining mode, the same applies

Can anyone provide any insight as to what I am doing wrong here?.....I would like to configure the appliance to provide access to either of the nodes (up or down) and not prompt me for logon twice……..

Thank you,

aXce

Contributor
Posts: 74
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Request For Assistance.....

Hi Shannon,

Did you follow the steps covered in Stingray Traffic Manager Solution Guide: Microsoft Exchange 2013?

Cheers,

Mark

New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎11-05-2013

Re: Request For Assistance.....

Hi Mark,

Yes....I have.....I managed to get the redirect working, however when hitting the VIP I am presented with the OWA logon page, after entering my credentials I am asked for them again (which I believe is the 2nd node) at which point I am presented with an OWA page which states oooppps something went wrong.

I am using perceptive for load balancing, I dont yet have a cert (other than the default that comes with the install) loaded on the servers, or on the stingray appliance itself.....the configuration as a whole speaks to a Trafic Manager IP, and 3 virtual servers, one being HTTP (with a discarded redirect) one for HTTPS that points to the two servers behind the appliance, and one for SMTP.......

On a high level it appears as though I am missing a couple of small configuration steps, as the unit appears to be working but with errors....as again I can get to the OWA logon page, but then it hits the other server and then presents the error.....i do not get these errors if i go to either one of the servers alone.....

Thanks

-Shannon

Contributor
Posts: 74
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Request For Assistance.....

Hi Shannon,

If you suspect the connections are jumping between servers, then you could try adding a SSL Session Persistence class to the pool. Under Catalog -> Persistence create a new class using the "SSL Session ID Persistence" and then apply this to the pool.

You probably also want to increase the timeout value of the virtual server under Connection Management -> Timeout Settings so that connections can be idle for longer.

Cheers,

Mark

New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎11-05-2013

Re: Request For Assistance.....

Hi Mark,

With your assistance, I think I have resolved this issue.....

Thank you,

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.