vADC Forum

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Migrating F5-LTM to Stingray Traffic Manager

Does anyone know a semi-simple way of migrating the configurations from a F5-LTM to a Stingray Traffic Manager?

New Contributor

Re: Migrating F5-LTM to Stingray Traffic Manager

Specifically, what I am looking for is a way of migrating the contents of the two following files from the F5-LTM to the STM.  

• bigip_base.conf:  Contains the configured VLANs, self IP address, management interface, and so forth.
  • bigip.conf: Contains the specific setting for each of the virtual servers and pool members.

If I need to massage the data before importing into STM, I am good with that as well.  I just need to know the syntax and process.  Thanks on advance for any help.

Contributor

Hi David,

i don't have any experience with F5 Config Files, as we switched from another solution to STM. We used a small script creating zcli commands to create ~200 trafficips, vservers, corresponding pools, settings etc.

did take some hours to create the script and then just minutes and the config is finished...

just as a hint how to create a vserver via zcli (command line tool), as we have two datacentres with more or less the same configuration a little bit more than you need:

TrafficIPGroups.addTrafficIPGroup www.example.com_DC1,{ ipaddresses: [192.168.1.10], machines: [STM1.DC1.tpi,STM2.DC1.tpi] }

TrafficIPGroups.addTrafficIPGroup www.example.com_DC2,{ ipaddresses: [192.168.1.10], machines: [STM1.DC2.tpi,STM2.DC2.tpi] }

VirtualServer.addVirtualServer ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP,{ default_pool: ex_i66_ui_v6, port: 80, protocol: http }

VirtualServer.addVirtualServer ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS,{ default_pool: ex_i66_ui_v6, port: 443, protocol: http }

VirtualServer.setListenTrafficIPGroupsByLocation DC1,[ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP],[[www.example.com_DC1]]

VirtualServer.setListenTrafficIPGroupsByLocation DC2,[ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP],[[www.example.com_DC2]]

VirtualServer.setListenTrafficIPGroupsByLocation DC1,[ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS],[[www.example.com_DC1]]

VirtualServer.setListenTrafficIPGroupsByLocation DC2,[ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS],[[www.example.com_DC2]]

TrafficIPGroups.setEnabled www.example.com_DC1 enabled

TrafficIPGroups.setEnabled www.example.com_DC2 enabled

VirtualServer.setEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP true

VirtualServer.setEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS true

VirtualServer.setCompressionEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP true

VirtualServer.setCompressionEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS true

VirtualServer.setWebcacheEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP true

VirtualServer.setWebcacheEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS true

VirtualServer.setRequestTracingEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP true

VirtualServer.setRequestTracingEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS true

VirtualServer.setLogEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP true

VirtualServer.setLogEnabled ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS true

VirtualServer.setProtection ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP ex_service_protection

VirtualServer.setProtection ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS ex_service_protection

VirtualServer.setResponseRules ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP,{ enabled: true, name: ex_response, run_frequency: run_every}

VirtualServer.setResponseRules ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS,{ enabled: true, name: ex_response, run_frequency: run_every}

VirtualServer.setRules ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP, [{ enabled: true, name: ex_httpsrewrite, run_frequency: run_every}{ enabled: true, name: ex_i66_poolchoose, run_frequency: run_every}{ enabled: true, name: ex_nohomepageredirecttologin, run_frequency: run_every}]

VirtualServer.setRules ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS, [{ enabled: true, name: ex_request, run_frequency: run_every}{ enabled: true, name: ex_i66_poolchoose, run_frequency: run_every}]

VirtualServer.setTimeout ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP 300

VirtualServer.setTimeout ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS 300

VirtualServer.setAddXForwardedForHeader ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTP true

VirtualServer.setAddXForwardedForHeader ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS true

VirtualServer.setSSLCertificate ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS www.example.com

VirtualServer.setSSLDecrypt ex_i66_www.example.com_HTTPS true

just copy/paste to zcli

Brocadian

David,

Unfortunately there is no direct way to translate an F5 config to STM. There are a few differences in the way it is set up.  the bigip_base.conf is probably pretty easy to parse by hand and set up either manually or with zcli commands if you are using a virtual appliance.

As for your bigip.conf, this should be pretty easy to map into zcli commands as Jochen Maurer suggested.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.