This document provides detailed instructions on deploying SteelApp Traffic Manager to load balance Microsoft Exchange 2013 application.
may I suggest to include a few notes on this, as this is based on my experience on 30k users, Exchg2013 deployment
at exchange CAS/HTTPS server pool, modify the pool > connection management with the followings;
1) max_connect_time : about 5 - 10sec. ; this is up to your preference
2) max_reply_time : 120sec. ; default RPC & IIS timeout template in Exchg2013
3) queue_timeout : 120sec. ; default RPC & IIS timeout template in Exchg2013
3) node_connclose : yes. ; ensure to cut off traffic to backend node whenever failure occurred or server hang
Under monitoring pool CAS/HTTPS, include a secondary monitoring https, the standards "full https" should be ok. This is to avoid "/owa/healthcheck.htm" page failed or the Webmail page hang due to servers high utilisation...
POP/IMAP4 Section 2.6.2
The section of the guide which deals with IMAP4 and POP needs to be extended to included instructions for creating an IMAP monitor for the IMAP pool. The VTM includes a POP monitor by default, but a new TCP Connect monitor must be created for IMAP.
To create a new monitor: Navigate to Catalogs -> Monitors and create a new monitor using the form.
* Name: IMAP4
* Type: TCP Transaction
* Scope: node
Next set the basic settings to sensible values, eg timeout of 5 seconds, delay of 10 seconds. Then modify the additional settings:
* write_string: leave blank
* response_regex: \* OK.*
* close_string: a logout\r\n
That response regex is "\* <space> OK.*".
Click update to save the monitor and then apply it to your IMAP4 pool.