vADC Blog

Version 0.5.0 of the Puppet module out

by fmemon on ‎12-18-2013 06:19 PM - last edited on ‎06-02-2015 11:01 AM by PaulWallace (1,440 Views)

Special thanks to Ed Lim (@limed) again of the Mozilla Corporation for contributing to this release.  This release adds support for Aptimizer Express, new in Stingray Traffic Manager 9.5, along with some other changes.

timeout and connect_timeout

These are parameters for virtual servers that specify when to timeout a connection.  The timeout parameter specifies how long a connection can remain idle before being closed.  The default is 5 minutes for HTTP connections.  The connect_timeout parameter specifies how long to wait for data from a new connection before closing it.  The default is 10 seconds for HTTP connections.  Both of the parameters are attached to virtual servers:

stingray::virtual_server { 'My Virtual Server':
    timeout         => '10',
    connect_timeout => '300'
}

Aptimizer Express

Aptimizer Express is an add-on module for Stingray Traffic Manager that provides a set of robust optimizations to accelerate the delivery of most web pages, no configuration or tuning is required. This advanced capability with Stingray Aptimizer Express is available as a licensed add-on module for Stingray Traffic Manager 9.5 and later.  Aptimizer Express is configured on a virtual server:

stingray::virtual_server { 'My Virtual Server':
    aptimizer_express => 'yes'
}

or to a web_app:

stingray::web_app { 'My Web App':
    aptimizer_express => 'yes'
}

For more details on the changes mentioned here please refer to the reference guide. If you're not using Stingray yet download and try it for free.