Wingspan

Women in Business Conference Inspires Participants to “Be the Change”

by Lisa.McGill on ‎04-27-2011 10:00 AM - last edited on ‎10-28-2013 08:00 PM by bcm6 (365 Views)

Women in Business Conference Inspires Participants to “Be the Change”

On Saturday, April 9, as part of Brocade’s Women in Networking (WIN) initiative, Brocade hosted Santa Clara University’s 9thAnnual Women in Business Conference.  Over 150 women of all ages gathered to learn about women’s changing roles in our economy, business, and the world.

The conference was kicked off by Keynote, Maddy Dychtwald, author of Influence: How Women’s Soaring Economic Power Will Transform Our World for the Better.  She talked about women's financial metamorphosis in recent history and what it means for the economy and our future. The breakout sessions underscored the role of women in our economy, business, and communities.

Brocade Sr. Director of Global Education Services spoke eloquently about critical success factors for building and growing a highly profitable business. As one attendee said, “I attended Roslyn Jones' session and found many tips to run my firm. Based on what she said, I told her that I don't do enough tracking and monitor of my goals metrics. Very important!”

In addition, Brocade volunteers provided tours of our campus to share Brocade’s efforts in energy and efficient design.  I’m told that after the tours, the line to talk to our recruiters went out the door.  This is great news, as expanding Brocade's recruiting pipeline to reach highly qualified women for high tech roles is an important goal of the WIN initiative.

I’m pleased that we were able to host this conference.  I’m proud to be in a company that values the importance of empowering and developing women.  It’s not just something that we must do inside our company; we must also encourage younger generations of women to take an active role in the high tech workforce.  Partnering with universities such as Santa Clara University is a great way to do this.

Roslyn_Jones1a.jpg