Wingspan

John.McHugh

The Best Always Rise to the Top

by John.McHugh on ‎07-25-2011 10:50 AM (76 Views)

Today, CRN published its annual Top Women in the Channel feature and it is impressive to note that three of our top channel executives - Barbara Spicek, Laurie Potratz and Raelyn Kritzer - are included on the list. These executives have undoubtedly made significant contributions to the channel and it’s certainly always an honor to be recognized by a top channel publication. But what makes me especially proud of this achievement is that Brocade is being widely recognized as a leader in the channel ecosystem through the efforts of smart, talented individuals who are thriving in Brocade’s environment of innovation and transformation.

In fact, this was immediately apparent to me when I joined Brocade a little over a year ago. A major undercurrent of Brocade’s company culture is to foster an environment that brings out the best in its people, whether it’s challenging the status quo and discovering new ways to tackle an issue, or putting the proper systems in place to help people develop and advance their careers. Over time, I began to see a natural process emerge, one that identifies talent in individuals and places them in the right roles to maximize their chances of success. And it’s by no means a prescriptive approach – if you look at the backgrounds of our 2011 Top Women in the Channel, you’ll see that their experiences are as varied and unique as can be, but that each of them are highly accomplished in their respective areas.

And that’s really the beauty of it all…to work at a company that not only recognizes individuals’ strengths, but that also provides an atmosphere that motivates people to put their best efforts forward and rewards them for achieving outstanding results. Ultimately, this dynamic serves as an inspiration across teams, and permeates throughout the entire organization. To me, that’s a critical component on the road to organizational excellence and is one of the main reasons that the Silicon Valley Business Journal, the San Jose Mercury News and Fortune magazine have hailed Brocade as a top employer.

Those of you who know me know that I have a deep respect for the channel, an area of key strategic focus for Brocade, especially as we continue to develop top-notch networking products that help customers seamlessly transition towards the cloud. Having worked closely with Barbara, Laurie and Raelyn and their teams, I know that they are deeply committed to advancing Brocade’s channel vision and strategy moving forward. Their dedication, commitment, perseverance and hard work have helped elevate them to where they are today – and the channel is better because of it.