Wingspan

Jason.Nolet

“It’s a Beast” – and Other Testimonials

by Jason.Nolet on ‎10-08-2010 12:10 AM - last edited on ‎10-28-2013 06:56 PM by bcm6 (179 Views)

I am thrilled with the turnout and the support we received from analysts and customers at the annual Brocade Analyst and Technology Day in September. One thing is for certain, we’ve set the bar high for continuing innovation when it comes to Ethernet fabric technology.

Our goal was to share the strategy for our industry-leading VCS Fabric technology and to announce our third wave of innovation in this important technology category. Our guests included members of the media, industry and financial analysts, partners, and some of our customers who are achieving incredible results through the simplicity, automation, and efficiency of VCS fabrics.

AnalystTechDay2012_0353.JPG

At the event, we announced three major innovations:

• A new, high-performance, low-latency, VCS fabric-enabled modular switch - the Brocade VDX 8770 – that takes Ethernet fabric scalability and performance to a whole new level
  • A new 24-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) module for Brocade MLXe Core Routers that deliver best-in-class density and performance for L3 applications
  • The new 12.5 software release for Brocade ADX Application Delivery Switches

Rather than toot our own horn, however, I’d like to share with you what some industry experts had to say.

One analyst called the Brocade VDX 8770 a “beast of a switch.” Another favorite is this, “Compared with Cisco Nexus and Juniper QFabric, the Brocade VDX 8770 is a leader in latency, speed, a....” And yet another said, “Brocade delivers on the promise of delivering large-scale Ethernet fabric solutions.”

We also received a great response to our unified vision for Ethernet fabrics and SDN. Our VCS Fabric technology enables the world’s most simplified and automated networks on which customers can more easily deploy network virtualization and OpenFlow technologies.

To hear a bit of what some of our customers and partners had to say, I encourage you to watch the following videos:

CyrusOne        

EMC

HP

IBM

Internet2

Peak Colo

VMware

We’re extremely proud of the fact that the industry at-large has embraced Ethernet fabrics as the modern approach to virtualized data center network architectures—and the fact that our customers are choosing Brocade to deliver important new innovations in this space.

Finally, I’d like to extend a big “thank you” to all who attended the live or virtual event. We hope you found it a valuable use of your time.  Each year we carefully plan and execute this event for you.

To access all of the Brocade Analyst and Technology Day content, please visit here.