Wingspan

Brocade User Conference Doubles Down in Las Vegas Last Week

by Regan.McGrath on ‎09-27-2010 07:20 AM - last edited on ‎10-28-2013 06:51 PM by bcm6 (555 Views)

biggerBro.JPG

Whoever thinks technical conferences are no longer well attended missed the Brocade Conference at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas last week. Over 750 customers and partners attended the four-day event and the fire marshalprevented it from being even larger as we were forced to turn people away. I talked to many customers at the event to get their sense for what was driving such a high level of demand and it really comes down to a couple of basic themes.

First of all the conference was veryfocused on education. Today’s IT professional is faced with unparalleled complexity in meeting their SLA’s to their customers. There is so much coming at them that they simply must take some focused time to stay educated on current and future trends. Virtualization, Cloud, Convergence, and being more productive with current tools were all important topics that were addressed at the conference. Congratulations to the 200 plus people who received Brocade certifications at the event!

The other key driver in attendance was the incredible interest in our company and where we are going. People wanted to understand our vision and how we are going to position ourselves versus the competition going forward. My sense is that everyone got what they were looking for. It was a great to see so many new faces in the crowd and also to reconnect with so many friends developed over the years. Be sure to get us your feedback. I know next year will be even bigger and better.