Wingspan

John.McHugh

Are You Ready for Some Football…and a World-Class Network?

by John.McHugh on ‎10-16-2012 02:37 PM (59 Views)

I am very excited to announce that Brocade has been chosen as a Founding Partner and the Official Network Solution Provider for the new San Francisco 49ers football stadium located just down the road from our headquarters in San Jose. The new stadium is on track to open in time for the 2014 NFL season, and Brocade will be a key part of the stadium experience.

Over the past year we have worked closely with the folks designing this stadium to architect a network solution for one of the most demanding environments in the world. While this stadium promises to be one of the world’s most beautiful, the 49ers management had a vision to create an experience that combines the best of physical comfort with the most engaging complimentary online experience.

As a result, the 49ers needed a network solution that would allow as many as 68,000 fans to get an up-to-the-moment online experience wherever they were in the stadium. Ultimately, the 49ers chose Brocade to provide the underlying network infrastructure to meet this unparalleled requirement—not just when the stadium opens but years into the future as well.

However, Brocade’s partnership with the 49ers goes beyond merely supplying the network infrastructure for the new stadium. The eastern concourse of the stadium, along with the East Field Club where the 49ers will enter and leave the field, will be branded as the Brocade Concourse and Brocade Club.

These facilities will enable us to utilize the stadium as an adjunct to our current executive hosting facilities, both on game days and during the week. We plan to use the opportunity to experience this amazing facility as a way of recognizing our most loyal customers and as an incentive for our most compelling prospects.

As the stadium continues to rise, so does my enthusiasm for our strategic partnership with the 49ers. I encourage you to experience the new stadium for yourself by taking a virtual tour at www.newsantaclarastadium.com (even if you’re an Oakland Raiders fan).