Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

New Contributor

vyatta 5400 on Vmware: Showing only eth0 & loop-back interface. Unable to see eth1, eth2, eth3 etc:-

Hello

I am using vyatta 5400 on vmware for my SDN BCVRE learning. I have couple of queries below.

1. I do not see eth1/eth2/eth3 etc:- under show interfaces. I see only eth0 & loopback interface. Please help.

2. I do see in the router the default boot image. Do i need to upgrade this to any other image to do my exercise? If so please suggest the way out. I have received the license evaluation for free trial.

Please clarify these asap as my time is limited for the online training.

Occasional Contributor

Re: vyatta 5400 on Vmware: Showing only eth0 & loop-back interface. Unable to see eth1, eth2, eth3 etc:-

Were all VM NIC's added to the VM before the vRouter was installed, or was eth1, etc added afterwards? 

I have just installed the vRouter on a VM that has 3 NIC's and all three are displayed, so perhaps if additional NIC's are added to the VM after the vRouter installation, then vRouter may not aut-detect them. 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.