Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

Occasional Contributor

(no IP on interface statically configured as local-ip for any VPN peer - Please Explain this Error Code

Please tell me what this error code means.  Obviously I'm setting up ipsec VPN on vyatta.  Very basic configuration no need to attach config please just tell me what that error code means it makes no sense and nobody else does either apparently.  One of the six google hits went to vyatta.org but that and all of it's contents are apparently gone.

Here is the error code once again

<interface id> (no IP on interface statically configured as local-ip for any VPN peer)

Thanks in advance for someone who actually KNOWS what the error the error code is actualy mapped to and doesn't just ask for my config it's super basic anyway.

Occasional Contributor

Re: (no IP on interface statically configured as local-ip for any VPN peer - Please Explain this Error Code

Nevermind I figured it out what the issue is.  But for fellow searchers for an answer:

This error means that the peer you specified is not configured on your other endpoint correctly (check the IP).

Occasional Contributor

Re: (no IP on interface statically configured as local-ip for any VPN peer - Please Explain this Error Code

I unfortunately have to update and say that I still don't know what this error means, as it has resurfaced.  My VPN implementation is working, but the error persists.    I just wanted to make sure not to mislead anyone.  

Occasional Contributor

I also meet this problem .my IPsec VPN can not bulid.i have a nat device in front of the vyatta.

have you solve the problem?

vyatta@vyatta:~$ show vpn ike sa
Peer ID / IP Local ID / IP
------------ -------------
4.35.241.209 10.38.87.45

State Encrypt Hash D-H Grp NAT-T A-Time L-Time
----- ------- ---- ------- ----- ------ ------
up 3des sha1 2 no 2532 86400

----------------------------------------------------------

vyatta@vyatta:~$ show vpn ipsec sa
Peer ID / IP Local ID / IP
------------ -------------
4.35.241.209 10.38.87.45

Tunnel State Bytes Out/In Encrypt Hash NAT-T A-Time L-Time Proto
------ ----- ------------- ------- ---- ----- ------ ------ -----
1 down n/a n/a n/a no 0 86400 all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vyatta@vyatta:~$ show vpn ipsec status
IPSec Process Running PID: 19286

0 Active IPsec Tunnels

IPsec Interfaces :
eth0 (no IP on interface statically configured as local-ip for any VPN peer)

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.