Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

New Contributor

Vyatta and RFCs

[ Edited ]

Hi, could anybody advice me where I can find information about Vaytta compatibility to different RFCs (for example RFC4787, RFC5382, RFC5508)?

I just need to know can Vyatta provide NAT with specific set of features or not (Endpoint Independent Mapping/Filtering, Paired IP address pooling behavior, Port Parity preservation for UDP, Hairpinning behavior, Active FTP/PPTP ALG, Port Limit per subscriber, Mapping Refresh, NAT logging)

thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: Vyatta and RFCs

Hi Rustam,

The info is not listed in the datasheet nor can I see it in the online Vyatta documentation.  I think the ALG's for Vyatta are for the firewall only and not for NAT, looks like you what more of a CGN which Vyatta does not support.

Thanks
Michael
New Contributor

Thank you, Michael

Am I right that Vyatta doesn`t support CGN at all? Is it because of absense of some features or Vyatta just can`t work with big numbers of users?

Best,
Rustam

Frequent Contributor

As far as I know it just is not a feature in Vyatta, could it be done, sure it could.  All you can do is ask Brocade to do a feature request and see where that takes you.

Thanks
Michael

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.