Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

Occasional Contributor

Reverse Proxies

Hello Community! I'll start with a vent - I've had to create a new profile and I don't have the threads I've tracked or other little features from my previous community account! #end_vent anyhow....... We are looking at deploying the Vyatta router/fw as our branch office edge router. A couple of our branch sites are technically medium sized branch offices in that htey have what sort of resembles a DMZ. They'll have some servers with DNAT translations and other public access needs. Our intent is to shove all these servers in a DMZ and where possible reverse proxy any connectivty back to our protected LAN. Has anyone had any experience in deploying an open-source reverse proxy solution and/or commercial reverse proxy solution with Vyatta? Any recommendations out there? Thank-you all for your input. Cheers,
Occasional Contributor

Re: Reverse Proxies

Well the view count seems high enough that there are people interested. We are moving ahead with the reverse proxy idea here. As we progress I'll attempt to keep this post active with my updates. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please feel free to reply. I've added this thread to my rss feeds purposefully to track its progress and serve as a personal reminder.

Right now I'm looking at deploying polipo as it also does SOCKS.

Cheers,

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.