Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

Regular Visitor

Hi - i have been having a problem for having our company's two routers to be a complete redundant. "

Hi - i have been having a problem for having our company's two routers to be a complete redundant. "statefull failover" as vyatta document calls it.
here is our situation, we have two vyatta routers that each connected to diffrent ISPs they both functions well when only one router is being used at any given time, i can not have both router to be complete redundant using VRRP as primary and backup, brocade engineers told me that the problem happens because, the routers are not sharing their firewalls to each other: a request goes out on router-A and if it comes back to router-B it will block it as router-B did not made that request it obviously doesnt know about it. I have seen it does that for a couple of websites. Brocade doesn't have a solution for this kind of archtecture (connection tracking system for Active Active routers).
i was  wondering if anybody had the same issue and overcome to it somehow ..please weigh in.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.