Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

Both the vRouter (Vyatta) 5400 and 5600 are going EOL/EOS in a very short time, no replacement ?!

Both the vRouter (Vyatta) 5400 and 5600 are going EOL/EOS in a very short time per http://www.brocade.com/en/support/product-end-of-life.html.

What if any other product is replacing them?

If there is no replacement, what is Brocade's advisement to customers?

External Moderator

Re: Both the vRouter (Vyatta) 5400 and 5600 are going EOL/EOS in a very short time, no replacement ?!

pschack@us.ibm.com

->What if any other product is replacing them?

-> If there is no replacement, what is Brocade's advisement to customers?

As Know due the Aquisition Brocade from diverse other Company, AT&T Acquire the VYATTA Software.

to you question:

Personally and this is my pure opinion, I think and write this here very carefully, AT&T will continued to offer the product and Support, otherwise - and this is my stupid opinion - would make absolutely no sense that AT&T Acquire the VYATTA Software Devision from Brocade, and would not continued to offer.

I would suggest to ask you Responsable Brocade / IBM Product Manager to clarified.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: Both the vRouter (Vyatta) 5400 and 5600 are going EOL/EOS in a very short time, no replacement ?!

Ugh. Thanks for pointing this out!

I notice that it was announced a few days after the announcement of AT&T acquiring the Vyatta IP. Maybe nobody is interested in the existing end users as part of that deal?

Frequent Contributor

Dear Nate,

I just had a meeting with our Brocade reps last week, they shared with futur roadmap post Extreme acquisition.

As part of the sale, it appears that all SDN / NFV portfolio has been / is being / will be sold if it's not EOS/EOL already.

Best regards.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.