The Channel

Recommended Channel Reads: 2015 Predictions, SDN, Cloud, Key Events

by Kristina Scott ‎01-27-2015 01:40 PM - edited ‎01-27-2015 01:47 PM (1,622 Views)

As you look to map out another year of success in the channel, as we are at Brocade, wanted to pass on some personal recommendations to add to your reading list.  These are all meaty yet concise reads or resources covering topics from predictions for the channel business, the major shifts happening with SDN/NFV and cloud, and channel-focused events you may want to have on your radar. 

Top Channel and Technology Predictions for 2015 – from CRN. According to CRN, expect to see existing trends towards network virtualization, cloud, mobile, managed services and more, accelerate further this year – with potentially big implications for the channel.

Top 3 Trends in SDN and NFV – Interview with Brocade Software Networking VP/GM Kelly Herrell on SDXCentral. A great, succinct overview of the huge hardware performance improvements, greater openness and customer choice made possible by SDN and NFV.

Why SDN All-Stars are Headed to Brocade – from NetworkWorld.   If you haven’t already heard about all the SDN pioneers and visionaries lured from competitors to Brocade, this piece by Jim Duffy gives you an excellent round up, with driving factors like Brocade’s commitment to open-source software.

Disrupting the Channel, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Cloud – Phoenix Consulting Group in Strategic Alliances Magazine. The shift to what IDC calls the “Third Platform,” is redefining what channel success will look like going forward. As I tried to convey in my couple of quotes in this article, the Third Platform can mean big opportunities for channel partners, such as serving as the “glue,” bringing together best-of-breed technologies, and translating end-user opportunities to new buyer personas in various vertical industries.

Top Channel Partner Events for 2015 – from The VAR Guy. The list is updated on an ongoing basis to provide an at-a-glance view of events to know, whether you’re a VAR, MSP or CSP.