The Channel

It's Okay to Break From Tradition

by Katie.Bromley on ‎03-14-2012 03:23 AM (382 Views)

From Joe Muscarella, Director, Channel Sales, Federal

One of the resolutions I made several weeks ago, in my last post, was to offer a utility based pricing model for networking solutions to our federal customers, anticipating that they won’t be receiving more capital expenditure dollars any time soon.

In my recent conversations with channel partners about this new pricing model, the people I meet with are excited. - Genuinely thrilled that that they can offer customers an alternative to CAPEX dollars for their network upgrades.  In a recent conversation, one of our channel partners said that he liked to have another reason to talk with his customers; having something new and different to offer them.  He said that Brocade Network Subscription was the right program at the right time, addresses a real need and a serious pain point that his customers have.

There aren’t many ways to combat shrinking CAPEX budgets, but alternative acquisitions to using OPEX models are certainly at the top of the list.  It’s okay to break with tradition and buy your gear differently from how you have in the past while protecting yourself from the anti deficiency act or non-appropriation with OPEX.

From a channel or systems integrator perspective, this is the perfect play for customers with a limited budget, and those that need scalability for particular programs.  It’s really a game changer and should be considered by those that genuinely want to help their customers be successful.

What do you think of alternative acquisition models and breaking with tradition?  Leave me a comment below and I’ll respond.