The Channel

Regan.McGrath

Achieving Excellence in EMEA – Notes from the Brocade Partner Summit in Prague

by Regan.McGrath on ‎06-10-2013 02:16 AM (558 Views)

It has been a busy but hugely satisfying few weeks for all of us at Brocade, rounded up by a fantastic Partner Summit with our EMEA channel, in Prague (Czech Republic).  For anyone who has not been to Prague, it is an amazingly beautiful city packed with history, culture, and which offers a welcome to visitors that is almost second to none.  It was also, due to unseasonably high rain fall, put on full flood alert as the levels of the River Vltava, which runs right through the city, rose to dangerous levels.

It is a testament to the people of Prague and our own partners that despite this we had a large turnout with around 100 channel attendees who joined us for a series of informative updates and meetings, and some positive and frank conversation between myself, our CEO Lloyd Carney, and attendees about the state of the market, and how we can collaborate together better to meet our commitment to driving partner revenues.

We also took the opportunity to announce our EMEA Partner of Year Award Winners, and it gave me great pleasure to recognize and reward the fantastic efforts of our partners in a region that has presented a highly competitive, very challenging environment.

The Brocade Partner of the Year Award recognizes partners who have excelled during the past year, showing ongoing commitment, professionalism, and passion in their relationships with Brocade and our joint customers. I would like to take the opportunity to recognize and thank our winners once again for their hard work and efforts over this period.  Even with the elements against us, I think we have all proved the solid partnerships we have in place for what promises to be a very exciting future for all concerned.

The Brocade EMEA Partner of the Year Award Winners are:

• Distributor of the Year, Partner Growth – EDSLan (Italy)
  • Distributor of the Year, Unmanaged Revenue – Azlan (EMEA)
  • Partner of the Year, Growth - Anders & Rodewyk (Germany)
  • Partner of the Year, Campus - Omnitec (Poland)
  • Partner of the Year, Ethernet Fabric - Pervasive (United Kingdom)

I look forward to continuing to develop our strong relationships with our EMEA partners and going on to even greater heights of success in 2013 and beyond.