The Channel

3 New Year's Resolutions for Federal Channel Partners

by Katie.Bromley on ‎01-10-2012 01:23 AM - last edited on ‎10-28-2013 10:15 PM by bcm1 (390 Views)

From Joe Muscarella, Director, Channel Sales, Federal

Happy New Year!

With the start of the new year comes new initiatives, including me trying on a new hat; that of a blogger.  Let me know what you think of my first post.  I welcome your thoughts.

As the head of the channel sales team for the federal market, I have the fortune to work with some outstanding players, both at Brocade and our incredible channel partners, and I’m confident 2012 is going to be a fantastic year for us all.

On a personal note, with my Baltimore Ravens primed for a deep playoff run and our federal partners playing a bigger and bigger role in Brocade’s federal business, 2011 was a success.  Santa delivered with record 2011 earnings and our federal team contributing mightily to these results.  In fact our federal deal registration program exploded with a 50% increase in approved registrations last year!  Who else can say that in the networking industry?

Our federal channel partners play a crucial role in providing the best solutions for our federal government agencies, and that is one thing that won’t change in 2012. When I joined Brocade, after 20 years in the industry, I committed to three (3) P’s for my partners…. To build a Predictable and Profitable business with award winning Products.

I predict that the biggest challenge our partners will face this year will be how to harness the cloud.  They want answers to the questions; solutions to the problems.  They want to help their federal customers who serve the citizens of this great country to be successful.  Brocade is here to help with the first Ethernet Fabric switch: the Brocade VDX.

8.bmp

So what are my New Year’s resolutions for our federal channel partners?

• Offer a utility based pricing model for networking solutions to our federal customers who won’t be getting more capital expenditure dollars.
  • Offer double digit margin, deal registration protection to our Brocade partners.
  • Provide complete transparency in the way we run our federal partner business.

Like I said, it’s going to be a fantastic year.  Please feel free to comment or ask a question below, and I look forward to hearing from you at joe (dot)muscarella (at) brocade.com.  And Go Ravens!