Sofware-Defined Networking

Re: Free NFV Certification!

[ Edited ]

Hi KPK, yep that's correct. The last day of the promotion is the last day you will able to use the promo code to register for an exam. You may register for any date you wish, whether before or after 1/31/15, but you must use the voucher code by the end of the day on the 31st, because the promo code will no longer be valid.

Pearson VUE provides your Brocade ID. If you have taken an exam before, and you believe you already have a Brocade ID, you can go to certmetrics.brocade.com and enter your username and password to find your ID. If you have never taken an exam before and are new to the whole system, then Pearson VUE should assign you your ID when you register.

Sorry for my verbose response, but I hope that answers everything clearly. If you have any questions, definitely let me know.

Thank you!

Paul and team

Technical Course Developer, Multimedia
Brocade University Social Media Manager
Occasional Visitor

is the free exam still running if yes guide me to right way i registered to forum but i losted to register to exam

thank you

Hello, absolutely the promotion is running through January 31st, 2015. You may use the promotional code "BrocadeNFVPromo" when registering to take the BCvRE exam in person at a Pearson VUE testing center.

If you need any further assistance please let me know,

Thanks very much,

Paul Z

Frequent Visitor

This seems like a stupid question but I am having trouble completing the registration for the course. It is telling me I need trianing units or a Purchase order. Do I just create a purchase order to complete the order  ?

Regular Visitor

Hello,

Are you only allowed to take the free exam once?

I took the free exam once on November last year, but unfortunately failed. I took more study, and
plan to give it another try since the free exam has been extended until end of January this year.

I registered via Pearson Vue, but was cancalled by them. And I was informed that my registration
was invalid. So, I just want to verify with you whehter the free exam can only be taken once.

Thanks for any feedback.

Regards,

Wales Chen

Hi Wales, typically when you're given a voucher it may only be used once, however with this promotion the voucher code is not an individual code given to each user - it's the same for everybody. In that regard, I would think you could use the promotional code again for a free exam, but you should hurry to schedule it before the promotion expires on January 31st. Good luck, I hope it works for you. Paul -

Hi Boonyah, apologies for the slow response. We've been away for the holidays the last few weeks. Do you still need assistance in registering for a course? What is the course you're registering for, and are you an employee, partner, or end user? Thanks a bunch, Paul

Hi NeelK, sorry for the slow response over the holidays. The free BCvRE exam is still running. All you need to do is use the promotional code "BrocadeNFVPromo" when you register for an in-person exam with Pearson VUE. The promotion expires on January 31st, FYI so you'll want to schedule your exam before that day. Thanks! Paul
New Contributor

Hi there,

Is there a way to possibly have the slides used in these courses or even better having these WBT available for offline usage:

SDN 111-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Software Installation and Licensing

SDN 121-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Command Line Interface

SDN 132-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Dynamic Addressing and DNS

SDN 133-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol

SDN 211-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Ethernet and VLAN Configuration

SDN 321-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Static Routes

SDN 341-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter OSPF Basics

SDN 411-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Network Address Translation

SDN 421-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Firewall Basics

SDN 511-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Management and Logging

This in order to successfully pass the 170-010 exam indeed.

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

dbd

Hello, I'm sorry we cannot provide you with offline course content for these courses. However, you may find this downloadable study guide pdf helpful for taking the BCvRE: http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/certification_study_tools/bcvre-nutshell.pdf

Additional product info can be found here as well: http://community.brocade.com/t5/Certification/Brocade-Certified-vRouter-Engineer-Exam-Information/ta-p/3899

I hope this helps you prep for the exam, thanks!

Paul Z

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.