Sofware-Defined Networking

Brocadian

Error adding Vyatta 5600 3.5R3 to Brocade SDN Controller

Hi,

I'm playing with Brocade SDN Controller RESTConf with Vyatta 5600. If I use Vyatta 5600 3.5R3 I get an error while trying to mount the vyatta router. If I use Vyatta 3.2.1R6 works perfectly.

Environment

Vyatta vRouter version 3.5R3

Brocaden SDN Controller

bvc-1.3.0.zip

bvc-dependencies-1.3.0.zip

bvc-app-pathexplorer-packaging-1.2.0.zip

bvc-app-vyattaems-packaging-1.2.0.zip

Warning : I'm getting following warning that disappear after copying manually ietf-netconf@2011-03-08.yang to /opt/bvc/controller/cache/schema/

2015-07-02 03:01:54,559 | WARN  | ssing-executor-4 | NetconfDevice                    | 270 - org.opendaylight.controller.sal-netconf-connector - 1.1.3.Helium-SR3 | RemoteDevice{vyatta}: Unable to build schema context, missing source SourceIdentifier [name=ietf-netconf@2011-03-08], will reattempt without it

Error:

2015-07-02 03:01:55,364 | ERROR | ssing-executor-4 | NetconfDevice                    | 270 - org.opendaylight.controller.sal-netconf-connector - 1.1.3.Helium-SR3 | RemoteDevice{vyatta}: Initialization in sal failed, disconnecting from device

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.builder.impl.AugmentationSchemaBuilderImpl cannot be cast to org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.builder.api.SchemaNodeBuilder

at org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.impl.YangParserImpl.resolveUsesAugment(YangParserImpl.java:954)[160Smiley Surprisedrg.opendaylight.yangtools.yang-parser-impl:0.6.5.Helium-SR3]

After debugging I've realized that the error is happening in the following line when class org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.impl.YangParserImpl calls method resolveUsesAugment

potentialTargetNode = Optional.<SchemaNodeBuilder> fromNullable(findSchemaNode(augment.getTargetPath()

.getPathFromRoot(), (SchemaNodeBuilder) parentNode));

The parent of the augment firewall (augment /if:interfaces/interfaces-bridge:bridge) is not a SchemaNodeBuilder it is a AugmentationSchemaBuilderImpl class and a ClassCastException is throwed

This could be a potential problem in yangtools but I'm not sure yet.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.