Sofware-Defined Networking

New Contributor

Brocade Certification

I am recent College graduate (degree in Networking), Would like to go for Brocade Certification for vRouter 5400. I do not have any prior experience on networking ( but working on Java Development from 6 months in MNC). I wanted to start my career in networking , I am good in programming in data structures and algorithms. Which certification is good for beginner (any)? Please suggest me. Can these certifications help me to change my domain from java to networking?? I am confused, please help me.

Thanks,

madubiradar

Re: Brocade Certification

Hello Madubiradar, you could go to the site below and follow the IP Layer 2/3 curriculum path. The main networking classes we have are CNE200 and CNP300, which are classes that help prepare a student to get their BCNE and BCNP certifications.

The vRouter certifications (BCvRE and BCvRP) are focused individuals who are interested in virtualizing their network, but would not be considered an entry-level product.

http://www.brocade.com/dotcom/education/product-training/index.page

Please let me know if you have any further questions, we're happy to assist.

Thanks a bunch,

Paul Z

Education

Technical Course Developer, Multimedia
Brocade University Social Media Manager
New Contributor

Thanks Paul, Thats nice.

I have downloaded Nutshell Guide and Brocade IP primer and noted down topic number for BCNE in IP primer. and also Practice exam questions and answers. These materials should be enough to prepare for exam ?? And I would like to know if there is any simulator or some software to practice these.

Thanks again,

Madubiradar 

I'm glad that was of some help, good news! I think if you go through the nutshell guide and are familiar with those topics, you should be ok to take the exam, however the nutshell guides were mainly intended to provide a quick refresher to those who are already familiar with Brocade products and who may have taken our training in the past. If you can read through the nutshell guide and feel comfortable completing the practice exam questions, I think you'll be ok.

We do not have a simulator "sandbox" for everyone, however our instructor-led classes give students access to a live virtual lab environment where instructors walk you through exercises in real time and real equipment. Additionally, a number of our web-based courses provide you with simulated lab exercises, where the lab can be done through an interactive step-by-step course. Lastly, our training partner ExitCertified offers virtual training classes where you can attend a live class virtually, and still have access to the virtual lab.

If you're interested in taking a class in your particular region you can check our training partner page here: http://www.brocade.com/education/product-training/authorized-training-partners/index.page

For information on our web-based training (many of our introductory courses are free of charge) you can go through our list of course information sheets at the bottom of this page: http://www.brocade.com/education/index.page. At the bottom under "Education and Certification Resources", click the gray "Course Data Sheets" dropdown, and a big list of all our courses will display with details on each course.

Thanks!

Technical Course Developer, Multimedia
Brocade University Social Media Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.