SAN Health Utility

Occasional Contributor

What is Avg Perf and Max Perf on Fabric Tab?

Hi, could someone please tell me what those 2 parameters are? I assume they are percent of utilization? Ie 50% Avg Perf on a 8gb port would be 4gb? Though that doesnt explain why I have some Max Perfs over 100?

Thank you!

Re: What is Avg Perf and Max Perf on Fabric Tab?

Hi jeff3,

Average performance and maximum performance are taken from the performance capture at the end of the audit.  PortPerfShow is run and the throughput is captured and presented in MB.  So, of all the captured performance, the average and maximum are presented here.  See portPerfShow for more detail.  Also, you can also see all the raw data that SAN Health captures to create the performance graphs in the hidden tabs.  Right-click on the tabs at the bottom and "Unhide" the performance data tabs.

Regards,

HealthDude

Occasional Contributor

I have seen the same thing and this answer doesn't explain how Max Perf column can list 1063 on an 8GB port.  And yes, I can see this value when I unhide the data.

PortPerfShow is a full-duplex stat so it is combining ingress and egress on the port at the same time.  Therefore an 8GB port could have up to 1600 MB.  1063 is 66% of the total throughput available on that port.  See portPerfShow for more detail.  The command reference guide for your version of FOS will have detailed information on how it works.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.