SAN Health Utility

N/A

Failed to get Response From FabricShow

Having problems getting one particular McData 4400 to recognize in SAN Health. Get error "Failed to get Response From fabricShow", yet I can telnet fine to the switch and execute 'show fabric', 'show system' commands. I set the timeout values in the utility to be more tolerant to performance over the WAN, but still get the error. Another switch at the same site discovers fine.

External Moderator

Re: Failed to get Response From FabricShow

Ned, are you sure that McDATA as supported by SANHealth ? I assume SAN Health cant not recognize the McDATA and you received a error. If yes, check by the Compatibility Matrix of Brocade and McDATA, and both Release Firmware and FabOS Note current loaded about Fabric Compatibility. Probably are both switch not correct configured.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Ned, i note that SAN Health is compatible whit McDATA Switch, BUT NOTE: The McDATA ED5000 must be running a firmware level greater than 4.01.0016. Firmware levels less than this may be affected by a memory leak in the telnet daemon and may be unstable when running SAN Health.

TechHelp24

In general - SAN Health supports all released Brocade/McDATA switches and directors. The current exception is the McDATA i10k and the McDATA routers.We have a release of SAN Health coming out in a couple of weeks time. This will include the pointer to the supported switch and switch firmware levels matrix.

Occasional Contributor

Hi,I have a similar issue. I have a mixture of brocade and mcdata switches in my fabric. When running SAN Health I am adding Mcdata switches individually as you suggested. Mcdata switch are 4500 running FW 7.1.3. SAN Health tries to do a switchshow and fails. 'failed to get response from switchshow' The switch is supported and fw up to date. Am at a loss as why not working. SAN health is latest version

Hi steve gSo we’ve changed the switch/fabric detection stuff greatly for 3.1.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.