Mobility/Wireless

Occasional Contributor

WLC RFS4000 unable to automatically discover APs - 7131 and 650

Guys,

Am new to the brocade world. Can't seem to find the Wireless section. Please direct me to the right forum

Anyway, I have a new RFS4000 but for one reason or the other, I cannot adopt the new APs 7131 and 650 because they are not visible.

The Initial wizard also gives an error when i try to run it. It states that the default profile for the 6562 AP is missing. How do i solve the problem. Believe it or not, am actually following the guides

WLC Error.png

Regards,

Faith

Super Contributor

Re: WLC RFS4000 unable to automatically discover APs - 7131 and 650

Hi Faith,

Sorry I can not help much here - only setup one of these a long time ago.  I do remember I did need to upgrade the firmware to the then latest version.  Also the guides where not very clear.  Can you check what version you have on the RFS4000 and the AP's as I also remember they did not match the time we order them (had to upgrade the AP's to match the RFS version before they would join).

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Michael,

The guides are not so clear....Totally agree!!

I upgraded the rfs to v5.4...basically the latest. The 7131 is also same version. As i understand, the 650 firmware is included with the controller. firmware also reads 5.4

Funny thing is that the 650 which is supposed to be a connect and adopt type of configuration is not even visible from the contoller.

the installation wizard seems pretty clear, but why am i getting an error on a brand new RFS? Not cool at all

Super Contributor

Hi Faith,

No, not cool. I only had 7131 AP's with my RFS4000 so I can offer no more help here sorry. I hope that now you have stated that you are on Wings 5.4 on both RFS and AP's other can help you more.

Also If these are all new then I would suggest you call the Brocade TAC for help on deployment - I  know I had too (in my case to get the firmware due to a support logon issue) But the TAC should help you get started AND I would like Brocade to take ownership of the Documentation that is coming from Motorola  --- it is not very clear.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Michael! You have been very useful. Let me just open a TAC Case. I have been on this for almost a week. Productivity = 0

Super Contributor

The good news is once it is working it is rock solid - good luck.  Also please post back what the TAC finds to other can benefit .

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Sure thing. Once i actually get TAC access. Am having login issues too Perfect start with brocade.

Super Contributor

Faith, please call them - yes get your login issue also fixed but as a new Brocade customer you will find it best to place a call direct to the TAC via phone.

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.