Mobility/Wireless

Occasional Contributor

Random Disconnects For Linux Users-Help Please

I have a RFS4000 controller connected to a dozen BR650 WAPs. The Controller is running firmware version 5.3.1. Recently it was brought to my attention that many of our Linux users are experiencing random disconnects. Some multiple times a day and others just once. None of our Mac OS users are having any problems. In fact, I run Mac OS on the wireless network constantly and I have never had a disconnect. Windows machines (the few we have) seem to be just fine as well.

We have tested multiple SSIDs and the problem persists across each of them and different radios.

The logs are showing users disconnecting because they are roaming but they are not moving during the disconnects.

I've attached a file containing the log output for a single user, who experiences the problem quite a bit.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Super Contributor

Re: Random Disconnects For Linux Users-Help Please

Hello davidengel.  I took a look at the logs from the client machine and all I can gather is its lists 'what' is happening, but isn't detailed enough to really know why.   For example, Reason code 15 shows the 4-way challenge handshake timed out (but cant identify the cause).  Also, this particular client was disassociated (reason code 14), but also cant determine root cause from the logs.  All I can suggest at this point, if you feel this is being caused by the Brocade RFS controller and/or 650 AP, give support a call and open a ticket.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response. I went ahead and opened a ticket with support.

Super Contributor

You're welcome.  Would love to hear what the cause was on this if you care to share when its all said and done. 

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike,

It seems like the issue was resolved by simply upgrading to the latest version of firmware. Currently running 5.4.1.0-020R.  I am actually wondering if it was the reboot or the firmware update that actually fixed the issue? Support was silent on what the cause was, but hey, it's all fixed now.

Super Contributor

hi David.  Well either way... I'm please to hear you are rocking and rolling now.    I really appreciate you sharing the result.  Its always nice to hear when things get resolved!

Regards,

Mike Eversole

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.